Home Insurance

Whether you own or rent a property, we can offer home insurance solutions for peace of mind.

Our home insurance gives you the peace of mind you deserve. From the bricks to your valuables, we’ll have you covered.

Our Types of Home Insurance Cover

From owning your own home to renting a property, we have an insurance solution to suit you. 

Buildings Insurance

We offer a buildings only policy. This is to protect the structure of the property itself. To protect the things inside (contents) you would need contents insurance too. We also offer combined policies to protect both buildings and contents.

Tenants Insurance

If you live in rented accomodation, our tenants insurance is perfect for you. Similar to our contents insurance, all of your posessions including clothes and jewellery will be protected. We can also increase cover to protect items away from your home too.

Unoccupied Property Insurance

Perhaps you are going travelling, you’ve bought a new house but are not ready to move in, or perhaps you’ve inherited a property. This cover will protect your property should you need to leave it vacant for longer than a standard home insurance policy would allow.

Contents Insurance

This type of cover will protect you against loss, theft or damage to the items in your home and can be increased to protect personal items away from the home too. Again, this cover can be combined with our buildings insurance under one policy or on its own.

Landlord Insurance

If you rent a property, we cover against building damage (storms, floods etc), protect your own contents at the property i.e. carpets, furniture and white goods and protect against loss of rent. If you rent a flat, we can also offer contents only insurance for you, as a landlord.

What Does Home Insurance Cover?

We insure the things that matter most to you. 

Home insurance isn’t a legal requirement, however, it is an insurance cover that many people wouldn’t do without. Whether you own your own property or you rent; the property and the contents inside are often some of our most prized possessions and they should be protected – that’s exactly what home insurance is designed to do.

There are generally two elements of home insurance – buildings and contents. You can have individual policies or one combined buildings and contents insurance policy.

Buildings insurance will cover anything structural – walls, floors, roofing etc. It will cover costs of any damage to your property through things such as fire, explosion, storms and flooding.

Contents insurance will cover the items inside your home. Contents cover protects against loss, theft or damage from burst pipes etc. For extra peace of mind, you can also choose to cover your personal items away from the home.

In most instances of owning and living in the same property, a combined buildings and contents policy is beneficial. It normally means that you will only have one excess amount to pay and should you have a claim, both your buildings and contents claim will be managed by our in house claims team.

There are many options available to you depending on your requirements. Generally, home insurance policies include:

  • NRebuild and repair costs
  • NAlternative accommodation
  • NAccidental damage
  • NLock replacement
  • NSpecified items
  • NBelongings away from home
A-One In-house claims shield

Our in-house claims department

Here at A-One, we benefit from an in-house claims department. This means that should you need to make a claim on your policy, you will be appointed a dedicated claims handler to manage your claim from start to finish. Our handlers will bridge the gap between you and your insurer. Working to achieve the best possible outcome on your behalf.

This means you'll have one point of contact to manage your claim from start to finish.

Home Insurance Optional Extras

Cover can be tailored to meet your needs. You can add extras onto your policy to further enhance your protection. Here are a few examples:

  • Legal Expenses
  • Home Emergency
  • Cycle Cover
  • Specified Personal Belongings
  • Accidental Damage

Frequently Asked Questions

Are mobile phones covered by home insurance?

Cover will protect against loss or damage to your mobile if its in your home. You will need extra cover to protect your phone outside of your home.

Is my bike covered?

Cycles are covered in your home and extra cover can be taken out to cover for cycles of a higher value. To make amendments to your policy or talk to us about taking a policy out, call us on 0333 222 1030 where one of our experts will be on hand to help you.

Is there a fee for making changes to my policy?

Yes, a small fee will be applied when we carry out a Mid Term Adjustment (MTA) for you on your policy.

Is there a discount for extra security measures?

Adding extra security measures to your property is always beneficial and could help improve policy premiums. Give our team a call on 0333 222 1030 where one of our experts will be on hand to help you.