Landlord Insurance

If you let a property, our landlords insurance policies can protect the property and the contents inside.

Landlord insurance or let property insurance. It’s the same thing and is designed to protect a property that is being rented out.

What Is Landlord Insurance?

Fundamentally, landlord insurance is home insurance designed for rented properties and often offers landlords greater protection than a standard home insurance policy. 

Landlords insurance can also be know as rental property insurance, let property insurance and buy-to-let insurance. Ultimately, its all the same thing and offers protection against damage to the building or the contents inside.

We strongly advise landlords to consider taking out specific policy, rather than just a standard home insurance policy as it offers greater protection that would not be needed under a standard home policy. Not only this, but a standard home policy does not always cover you if you rent your property out.

Landlords insurance protects you in the same way that a standard home insurance policy would, but with added protection against tenants.

What Does Landlord Insurance Cover?

In simple terms, landlord insurance is just a more comprehensive form of home insurance. It covers everything you would expect a standard home insurance policy to include, with the added extra of protecting against any issues with tenants. Cover can be tailored to meet your needs. Generally, cover can include protection against:

  • NTheft, fire and flood
  • NBuilding structure
  • NFitted structures i.e. fitted kitchens and bathrooms
  • NSoft furnishings such as furniture, carpets and curtains
  • NLoss of rental income
  • NLegal costs in the event that you are taken to court
  • NAccidental damage by tenants
  • NRent arrears
  • NBoiler repairs
  • NPeriods of tenant in occupancy

Our in-house claims department

Here at A-One, we benefit from an in-house claims department. This means that should you need to make a claim on your policy, you will be appointed a dedicated claims handler to manage your claim from start to finish. Our handlers will bridge the gap between you, our client and your insurer and will work to achieve the best possible outcome on your behalf. 

This means you’ll have one point of contact to manage your claim from start to finish.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is landlord insurance a legal requirement?

Landlord insurance is not a legal requirement. However it should be considered seriously as it offers a greater protection if you are renting your proerty than a standard home insurance policy can offer. To discuss this further, give our team a call on: 0333 222 1030.

Am I protected against loss of rent?

Landlord insurance can cover against loss of rent, but this is normally considered an optional extra.

Is there a fee for making changes to my policy?

Yes, a small fee will be applied when we carry out a Mid Term Adjustment (MTA) for you on your policy.