Blocks of Flats Insurance

Our comprehensive policies cover structural damage, liability, and more, ensuring peace of mind for landlords, property owners and managing agents.

We Specialise in Blocks of Flats Insurance

Block of flats insurance for freeholders, leaseholders and management companies.

Whether you’re a leaseholder, freeholder, or part of a management company, we offer expert advice on the best bespoke Blocks of Flats Insurance (also known as Block Insurance or Flat Insurance) for your needs. Our experienced team is here to answer any questions and arrange coverage for apartments, converted houses, and purpose-built blocks of flats. Let us help you find the perfect insurance solution for your property.

What does Blocks of Flats Insurance Cover?

Building Structure

Protection against damage to the physical building structure from risks like fire, floods, storms & vandalism.

Alternative Accommodation

Coverage for the cost of alternative accommodation for residents if the flats are temporarily uninhabitable.

Employer's Liability

Required if the property employs staff. Protects against claims from injury or illness sustained at work.

Legal Expenses

Coverage for legal costs incurred in property disputes or tenant issues.


Coverage for legal liabilities if someone is injured at the property or if there is damage to a third party’s property.

Communal Areas

Protection for shared spaces & communal areas like hallways, lobbies, gardens, and car parks.

Accidental Damage

Coverage for unforeseen accidental damage to the property, including fixtures & fittings.

    Loss of Rent

    Compensation for loss of rental income if the flats become uninhabitable due to an insured event.


    Cover for contents owned by the landlord in communal areas & flats. Such as furniture, fixtures & fittings


    Protection against damage caused by the ground sinking, which can affect the building’s structure.

    Our property experts are here to make insuring flats easy.

    What Types of Flats Can Block Insurance Cover?

    Discover comprehensive block insurance coverage tailored to your unique property, whether it’s a historic listed building or a modern city apartment block.

    Our block insurance policies cater to both standard and non-standard constructions, including listed buildings. Whether you own small converted houses, large detached properties, warehouse and loft conversions, or purpose-built blocks of any size, we’ve got you covered. Our coverage extends to properties in city centres, historic market towns, inland waterways, and seaside destinations, to name just a few. Arranging block of flats insurance can be complex, as it differs significantly from regular home insurance. A block policy provides essential protection for property owners, offering funds to cover repair costs if the property is damaged and even the cost of rebuilding in the event of a ‘total loss.’ It’s not just the building that requires protection. Consider any landscaping, gardens, garages, or outbuildings. Ensure these are covered under your block of flats insurance policy, and if not, you may be able to add them for comprehensive coverage.

    A-One In-house claims shield

    Our in-house claims department

    Here at A-One, we benefit from an in-house claims department. This means that should you need to make a claim on your policy, you will be appointed a dedicated claims handler to manage your claim from start to finish. Our handlers will bridge the gap between you and your insurer. Working to achieve the best possible outcome on your behalf.

    This means you'll have one point of contact to manage your claim from start to finish.

    Additional Blocks of Flats Insurance Options

    Home & motor insurance is all about looking out for individuals when tough times hit—whether it’s due to loss from unfortunate events like death, injury, or property loss. It’s like a safety net for you and your loved ones, ensuring you’re covered for losses that might be too much to handle on your own. You’ll have peace of mind when driving your car or owning your own home, knowing that you’re shielded from potential financial setbacks.

    Director's & Officers (D&O)

    Protects directors and officers from personal liability arising from decisions made while managing a company.

    Approved Property Valuations

    We’re pleased to work with to offer both on-site and desktop valuations.

    Lifts, Plant & Machinery

    Offers inspection and cover in a single policy, ensuring compliance with legal standards for lifts and machinery.

    Terrorism Cover

    Cover for damage caused to your property as a result of an act of terrorism.

    Flats Insurance FAQ’s

    What is blocks of flats insurance?

    Blocks of flats insurance is a specialist insurance policy designed to provide comprehensive coverage for residential apartment buildings with multiple units. It protects property owners and landlords against various risks such as structural damage, liability claims, loss of rent, and more.

    What does blocks of flats insurance cover?
    Blocks of flats insurance typically covers structural damage, liability claims, loss of rent, communal contents, alternative accommodation, accidental damage, legal expenses, terrorism, employer’s liability, and public liability.
    Can I add additional cover to my block of flats policy?
    Yes, many insurance providers offer optional add-ons or endorsements that allow you to customise your coverage. These may include coverages for specific risks or features not included in the standard policy.
    Who needs blocks of flats insurance?
    Blocks of flats insurance is essential for property owners, landlords, and management companies responsible for residential apartment buildings. Whether you own a small block of apartments or a large complex, this insurance ensures your investment is protected against unforeseen events.
    How are premiums calculated for flats?
    The premium for blocks of flats insurance is determined based on factors such as the size and location of the property, the construction type, the level of coverage required, and any additional features or risks associated with the building.