CYBER LIABILITY INSURANCE
In June 2016 A-One Insurance Group teamed up with IT Support Business (ITSB) to deliver the first complete, tailored solution to protect companies against cyber fraud.
Our solution was set up due to the ever increasing threat of Cyber Crime. With the high levels of cyber crime it is now vital that all businesses take the necessary steps to protect both their own and the sensitive data of their customers.
At A-One Insurance we feel that with our dedicated Insurance services across the south and with IT Support Business's work with over 100 SME’s to deal with cyber threats on a daily basis we can provide the best protection possible for our business clients and their customers.
Why YOU should be thinking about cyber security
- 81% of firms suffered a breach in the last 12 months.
- Low tech cyber criminals are targeting anyone they can exploit, that’s you, your staff and your customers.
- A data breach will cost you around £115 for every record compromised – so if you have 500 client records (which need not include bank details) that’s £57,500! In addition you’ll have the cost to your business to clean up and remove the breach
- Plus you can be fined up to £500,000 for a data breach by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) with large fines likely to be dished out to companies not able to show they’ve taken steps to secure their data.
Don’t worry! It’s not as bad (or expensive) as you might think
Around 80% of breaches can be prevented by implementing simple cyber security measures into your business.
To control your security costs it’s vital you identify your risk level and the likely threats, allowing you to protect yourself, your business and your staff to the right level without overspending.
So how do I secure my business?
- Identify your risk level and likely threats.
- Assess and audit your current processes, procedures and setup.
- Test your systems for vulnerabilities.
- Put preventative measures in place to deal with your weaknesses.
- Protect your business in the event of a breach with the right level of insurance cover.
For details of how and where you can attend one of our Cyber Protection Advice Clinics Please Click Here.
For more information on Cyber Protection please see our fully dedicated Cyber Protection website Click Here